Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fullness of Your Cup

Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 1 Peter 1:8



Faith without work cannot be called faith. Faith must inspire action. It alone cannot be verbal. Mental faith is insufficient. Faith is not believing, trying or hoping. It is the knowing by which you do. Faith develops endurance to face the trials without being tempted to stop. Faith produces doers. Those who understand fewness of words, greatness of deeds are a measure of true faith. Faith is obedience to the urgings of the spirit, the porthole through which all things have their being. Faith controls the tongue, soothes the head and stifles the need to complain. Faith produces patience. Our Lives are the only true measure of our faith. Our words and actions determine the fullness of our cup. If there is anyone or anything of unworthiness in our life I suggest we ask ourselves, "To what am I giving my faith?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see what you are saying, however, if we by our faithful works indeed end up trying to "earn" our salvation, is this not a sin?

I do think faith in your heart is enough for the Lord, and He will spur each individual to act as He would have them act in His own good time.

Yes, faith is obedience, but without disobedience we would not be in need of a Saviour. What an enigma it is!

I find it difficult to be perfectly obedient since becoming saved at age 6 and now I am almost 28. I do strive to be obedient, however, I am still human.

I enjoy this blog...it makes me think, which I love.

Thanks for the thought-provoking post.

Love, Miss 3 H