Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pain

"Lord, make me so uncomfortable that I will do the very thing I fear"
- Ruby Dee


When it is time for us to grow we get restless. When it is time for us to move forward we get tense. When the time comes for us to let go of the things we know are holding us back, all heck breaks loose. Unfortunately, we sometimes misunderstand what we are feeling and use it as a reason to stay where we are. Nothing forces us to move faster than pain. Tension is pain. Heck breaking loose is a sign that pain is on the way. When we are in pain we must do something to make ourselves feel better. And if the old remedy does not work, we must try something new. Too many times we have cut ourselves down to fit into the situation. Fixing ourselves to stay where we are is the very source of our pain. If we allow ourselves to live with a constant, dull ache, it means we are not getting the message. But we can be sure all dull aches eventually turn into a throbbing pain. Pain tells us something is wrong.

1 comment:

Garnetrose said...

this is a great post and I totally agree with you. I have cut myself down and held myself back at times because of the fear of trying something new or meeting new people. I am trying not to do that.