There are times in our lives when we feel there is no way up or out. Illness, poverty, confusion, loneliness, desperation. They take us to the place we sometimes refer to as "rock bottom." In these times we may feel weak and vulnerable, and it is easy to lose faith in our ability to go on.
It is exactly in these times that we must turn to the infinite power within us and God ... for the answers and help we seek are all around us. Whatever the answer you are seeking at these times is exactly where we are. The strength we need, the answer we want, the solution that will turn the situation around is right there for us and in us ... opening ourselves to the grace, peace and love of God.
If we can put aside anger, fear, weakness and desperation for just a minute, I believe we can think of "other times" we were at the bottom and how in a moment, miraculously, we were lifted up. That was not by accident!
In some ways I think I've finally got it now.
- Begin within, take quiet time alone.
- Trust your head, follow your first thought.
- Don't be fooled by appearances.
- Plan prayerfully; prepare purposefully; proceed positively; pursue persistently.
- Be willing to be wrong.
- Be flexible.
- Do the best you can where you are with what you have.
- Be prepared.
- See the invisible; feel the intangible; achieve the impossible.
- Focus + Courage + Willingness to Work = Miracles.
- Help somebody else.
- When in doubt, pray.